Vegetable noodles recipe, How to make vegetable noodles – A quick, easy and colorful noodles tossed with vegetables.
When I think about noodles, I can only think about my mom. My mom makes very tasty noodles. Give her any ingredient to add it to the noodles, she’ll make sure the noodles come out very tasty. When I told my dad that I was going to make noodles for dinner and click pictures for my blog, he said better learn it from amma. My family loves the way my mom cooks Chinese food.
My readers have asked me many times to post some chinese dishes, and I kept postponing it without knowing it has been three years since I started blogging.
You can ask me why the pictures of the noodles have red chillies in it when it has no role to play in this recipe. I really don’t know why I have placed it in the pictures. Only while writing this recipe, I saw them. hmmmmm….How many ever times I think, don’t know why. Okay let’s move on to vegetable noodles recipe. Enjoy!
Noodles – 1 cup
Capsicum/bell pepper (sliced) – 1 no. (I used green and yellow capsicum)
Garlic (finely chopped) – 2 tsp
Carrot (sliced) – 1 no.
Cabbage (grated) – 1 cup
Spring onion (white part) – 1/4 cup
Spring onion (green part) – 3 tbsp
Ajinomoto – 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
Soya sauce – 1 tsp
Chilli sauce – 2 tsp
White pepper powder – as required
Salt – as required
Oil – 1/2 cup + 1/4 tsp
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Cook noodles as per the instructions given in the pack or boil 3 cups of water. The noodles should be immersed well in the water. Add 1/4 teaspoon of oil and little salt. Once the noodles is cooked or turned translucent and soft, bring the pan down. Drain the water and run some cold water on the noodles. Again drain the water and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and when it turns transparent, add the white part of spring onions. Add the sliced carrots and fry for a minute. Now add the sliced capsicum/bell pepper and fry for a minute.
3. Add the grated cabbage and again fry for a minute. Add ajinomoto and chilli sauce. Stir well and add little salt.
4. Then keep the flame in high and add soy sauce. Stir well for a minute, and then lower the flame.
5. Now add the cooked noodles and stir well gently. Add white pepper powder. Stir well and finally add green part of spring onions.
Now, vegetable noodles is ready! Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- Make sure you add 1/4 teaspoon of oil while you cook the noodles. If not, the noodles will turn sticky.
- Once your drain the water from the noodles, run cold water on the noodles. This will prevent the noodles from getting overcooked and turning mushy.
- You can omit ajinomoto. I have not added it. Ajinomoto enhances the flavor of the noodles.
- Do not overcook the veggies. The veggies should not be soft, but crunchy.
- Do not add soy sauce more than required. It would make the noodles salty.
Vegetable noodles recipe, how to make vegetable noodles recipe below: