Vendakkai Nethili Fish Kuzhambu, Dry Fish Lady’s Finger Kuzhambu
I seldomly get dry fish/Nethili at stores here. I learned this recipe from Chef Dhamu and gave it a try. Since I do not get dry fish often, I would always like to choose the best recipe and try it out when it comes to dry fish. One such recipe is this Vendakkai Nethili Fish Kuzhambu.
Vendakkai Nethili Fish Kuzhambu has a very tempting taste. It turned out to be a favorite dish in my family. My friends also tried the same and told me that it came out very well. So, just give it a shot and very soon you would add this dish to your favorite recipes list.
Preparation Time. 40 minutes
Cook Time. 15 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. South Indian
Recipe Category. Curry
Lady’s finger,Vendakkai – 1/4 kg
Dry fish, Nethili – 1/4 kg
Onion (Chopped) – 2 nos.
Green chillies – 2 nos.
Tomato (Chopped) – 200 gm
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder – 2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 3 teaspoon
Tamarind – lemon size
Coriander Leaves – 1 sprig
Salt – as desired
Mustard Seeds/Kadugu – 1/2 teaspoon
Urad dal/ulutham paruppu – 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek Seeds/Vendayam- 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chillies – 3 nos.
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Oil – as desired
1. Marinade dry fish/nethili for 1/2 hour using turmeric powder and salt. Soak tamarind in water and extract juice from it.
2. In a pan, heat oil. When oil is hot, put mustard seeds. When mustard seeds crackle, add urad dal, fenugreek seeds, red chillies, curry leaves, and onions in an order.
3. When onions turn transparent in color, add green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Fry until the raw smell goes off.
4. Now add lady’s finger, tomato, chilli powder, coriander powder, and water. Fry well.
5. Then, add salt, coriander leaves, and tamarind water. Boil well. Finally, add dry fish and boil for 3 minutes. Garnish using coriander leaves and curry leaves.
Now, Vendakkai Nethili Fish Kuzhambu is ready! Serve with Idli, Dosa and Rice.
Vendakkai Nethili Fish Kuzhambu recipe below: